Originally posted at Made to Flourish.
For this post we’re talking about films featuring taxi drivers. Many of the ideas would translate to Uber drivers, bus drivers, train engineers…even pilots would probably loosely fit the bill.
So…Why Ponder Cab Drivers and Films About Them?
In a French TV interview Jim Jarmusch shared the following insights:
- When you step into a cab you have nothing invested in the relationship with the driver.
- You can say whatever you want.
- You can be completely honest…or dishonest.
- In a cab, you have the freedom of an intimate relationship…with a stranger…for a brief time.
- With this person you have no past, no future…just the moment.
- Typically, your starting point and ending point are what are significant—what happens on the taxi ride is not significant.
Click here to continue reading.